Administrative Coordinator/ IT Asset Management Assistant – Office of Information Technology | CUNY Graduate Center
Administrative Coordinator/IT Asset Management Assistant – Office of Information Technology
Job ID: 19496
Compensation: $48,210 – $58,787. Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Closing Date: October 19, 2018 (Reposting of Job ID 19267, previous applicants need not reapply)
The Graduate Center, CUNY is the focal point for advanced teaching and research at The City University of New York (CUNY), the nation’s largest urban public university. With over 35 doctoral and master’s programs of the highest caliber, the Graduate Center fosters pioneering research and scholarship in the arts and sciences and prepares students for careers in universities and the private, nonprofit, and government sectors. The Graduate Center’s commitment to research and scholarship for the public good is exemplified by its more than 30 centers, institutes, and initiatives, including its Advanced Science Research Center (ASRC), a 200,000 square-foot facility in upper Manhattan, designed to promote collaboration among scientists in five areas of global research and innovation: nanoscience, photonics, structural biology, neuroscience, and environmental sciences.
The Graduate Center (GC) benefits from highly ambitious and diverse students and alumni—who in turn teach hundreds of thousands of undergraduates every year. Through its public programs, the Graduate Center enhances New York City’s intellectual and cultural life.
Information Technology (IT) is the division of the Graduate Center responsible for voice, video, and data systems and services. The mission of this unit is to promote, facilitate, and support the effective use of technology in the learning process, in instruction and research, and in processing and accessing institutional information.
This position reports to the Assistant Director for IT Administrative Services.
Duties include but are not limited to:
– Assists in developing and implementing processes to meet the needs of IT asset management; reviews existing systems and databases to ensure quality of the data and expectations of the data are being met; designs, builds and implements inventory database;
– Resolves data record issues by researching multiple data sources; maintains the data integrity, analysis, integration, storage, maintenance and reporting of IT assets;
– Assists in maintaining accurate IT asset inventory records; conducts physical inventory cycles of IT storage rooms; monitors and reconciles changes in inventory; performs spot checks to ensure process and system quality; maintains organization and tidiness of storage rooms;
– Conducts regular salvaging audits of IT equipment in storage rooms; has active role in the GC annual inventory audit;
– Support regular inventory audits of hardware disposition and software licenses;
– Tracks stocked equipment warranties;
– Responds to escalated asset management issues and determines appropriate course of action to resolve the issues;
– Maintains and reports on the compliance of IT assets disposition changes; identifies and tracks trends with regards to any non-compliance conditions;
– Monitors, researches and responds to IT asset inventory related work orders;
– Works cross-functionally with internal and external departments: IT Administrative coordinators, IT staff managers and technicians; GC and ASRC Business office, Property Management, Facilities, Mailroom and Vendors;
– Serves as a backup for administrative responsibilities for the IT Administrative Services Division as needed;
– Performs other duties as assigned.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW:
– Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
– Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
– Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
– Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
– Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
– Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
– Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
– May supervise office staff and student workers.
– Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
A preferred candidate should have:
– 2 – 4 years of work experience in a professional setting.
– Two (2) years of work experience in IT and handling IT inventory cycle management.
– Proven experience developing and implementing processes.
– Proven ability to think independently and analytically.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Excel and Flow), SharePoint, Nintex, Adobe Acrobat.
– Excellent oral, written, and organizational skills.
– Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituents in a diverse community.
– Excellent business and professional acumen.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Please apply using the link below:
Click on “Apply Now” below which will bring you to the registration screen. If you are a new user, you must register to apply. If you already have a user ID, please use your existing ID to apply. Make sure to upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references (name, title, and organization) by the closing date. Please upload all documents in Word or PDF format.)
2. Go to http://cuny.jobs/ and search for Job ID 19496.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Full Job Source