Airport Economic Planner | San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as this announcement may close at any time.
Salary range as of June 2018: $112,398 – $136,604/year
Visit the official job announcement on the City & County of San Francisco’s employment website at:
9255 Airport Economic Planner – Aviation and Parking Management
SFO is a world-class, award-winning airport that served more than 55 million guests in 2017. SFO offers non-stop flights to 45 international cities on 45 international carriers. The Bay Area’s largest airport also connects non-stop with 83 U.S. cities on 13 domestic airlines. In fiscal year 16/17, the Airport, an enterprise department of the City & County of San Francisco, accounted for $8.4 billion in business activity and supported more than 42,800 direct jobs.
SFO’s mission is to provide an exceptional airport in service to our communities and is committed to redefining air travel. SFO has embarked on the renovation of Terminal 1, the largest capital project in the Airport’s $7.3 billion Ascent Program. For more information, visit www.flysfo.com. View a video about careers at SFO.
The San Francisco International Airport (SFO) is hiring an Airport Economic Planner. In this role you will perform a variety of functions related to the Airport’s property management and business development programs, financial and economic business planning, development and management at (SFO), and supervise professional and support staff. Desirable Candidate: has experience in leasing commercial real estate; six (6) or more years of experience supervising contractors or staff; experience in the aviation industry managing airline properties, parking operations, airline passenger operations, airline cargo operations, airport operators or airport tenants; and excellent verbal and written communication skills. See official job posting for more details.
The essential functions of this position include:
- Manage the various activities of airline tenants, aviation support companies, government agencies, and on-and-off airport properties including the following:– terminals, land, office buildings, cargo facilities, parking garages, warehouses, hangars and off-airport properties.
- Perform various tasks related to the leasing, rental and management of Airport lands, terminals, buildings and other public service outlets.
- Research and analyze trends in the following industries: commercial aviation, general aviation, aviation support, surrounding commercial real estate and parking.
- Manage professional service agreements in excess of $1 million per year.
- Business client management to include billing status and facilities inspection.
- Interagency coordination with other City, State and Federal departments.
- As a supervisor in the unit, participate in developing and managing a program for the use and leasing activities of concessions, airlines, and other companies related to Airport properties:
- Develop, implement and process proposals of use, bid packages, leases, permits and other documents related to property and concession rental;
- Negotiate with and often directly manage larger, more complex accounts and/or tenants;
- Conduct or oversee studies of alternative development projects, new airline services and other issues which arise;
- Supervise staff involved in the oversight and management of tenant compliance with contract terms and coordinating tenant maintenance, construction and daily property issues;
- Coach, train and develop subordinate staff.
Nature of Work
Requires extensive computer work requiring keyboarding and prolonged sitting and working off a flat screen monitor; ability to work offsite and inspect tenant premises; ability to work effectively with managers, co-workers, contractors and other personnel; and ability to identify issues and problem solve.
Full Job Source