AR/ Accounting Specialist | Barkan Management Company, Inc.
Entry Level Accounting Team position. Our growing portfolio is causing us to immediately seek an additional AR/Accounting Specialist. This person is critical to the smooth functioning of the Accounting Team and requires a high level of customer service orientation as they are a primary interface with clients and many times they are the ‘face of the company’ to our unit owners. Therefore, possessing and projecting an attitude of “High Touch” Customer Service is a fundamental element of success.
Initially responsible for learning our Yardi AR system. As your knowledge expands, you’ll be mentored to understand the integration of AR with the monthly financial reporting. As this staff member becomes more experienced, he/she will take on an initial client portfolio; over time, he/she will assume a full AR portfolio. The AR Associate I will work closely with the Accountant assigned to his/her properties and be charged with supporting the Accountant in the execution and delivery of high quality financial statements delivered in accordance with the contractual due dates of the properties. Entry level compensation begins at $35,000/year and includes a comprehensive benefit package.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities include: charging up, clearing and reconciling of a portfolio of 4,000 units.
- Post and reconcile payments received via the BMC Lock Box and/or our third party vendor, ClickPay.
- Investigate and timely resolve payment discrepancies.
- Learn to operate the Yardi Tenant Payment and Customer Maintenance modules.
- Supports the Property Accountant in the recognition of rental income and reconciliation of ‘deposits’ on the properties’ monthly bank statement and also in tracking AR payments processing, AR statements, collections of overdue accounts and develop/send correspondence as needed.
- Develop a strong ‘customer service’ relationship with the Property Management team.
- Possess a detail orientation and be ‘process-driven’ following and adhering to procedure manuals.
- Have strong organizations skills for tracking both electronic and paper records.
- Assist with Special Projects as requested/needed.
- Some general business/accounting experience and have a strong desire to learn.
- Requires an Associate’s Degree, but prefer a Bachelor degree (or equivalent work experience)
- Knowledge of the real estate property management industry is a desired.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal (Customer Service) communications skills are a MUST
- Yardi Voyager (real estate software) experience is a plus
- Detail oriented, ability to show initiative and take responsibility
- Strong time management and problem solving skills
- Ability to learn systems & skills and then work independently and in a team oriented environment
- Ability to favorably represent the Company image to clients
- Have strong integrity, honest, trustworthy, and respectful
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Flexibility – ability to work in a “Dynamic” work environment and maintain a positive attitude.
Please note that job offers are contingent upon passing a background check and drug test.
Full Job Source