Assistant Property Manager | Harvard University
Harvard Real Estate
Harvard Real Estate
00 – Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities: The Assistant Property Manager (APM) reports to a Senior Property or Property Manager (PM) and works as part of a Property Management Team within the HRE Property Management Group. The APM plays a key role in the operation of a diverse portfolio of buildings within the greater HRE portfolio. Essential tasks of the APM include a key role in both financial and operational aspects of their assigned portfolio. The APM provides exceptional service as the lead point of contact for vendor relations, tenant communications, and lease administration in a fast-paced property management organization.
- Inspects properties regularly to identify and address issues.
- Manages the use of the Building Engines work order system; follows up on work orders with tenants and/or service providers as necessary; reviews work order reports monthly with PM.
- Oversees the completion and project management of tenant improvement projects for new commercial and university tenants within the portfolio as needed.
- Supports the PM by collecting, analyzing and reporting operational metrics monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Acts as back-up for PM, and works closely with the PM to learn all aspects of the affective management of the portfolio. Able to provides coverage and assumes property management responsibilities as needed for other members of the greater HRE Property Management Team.
- Works as part of the team to recommend and implement changes to improve cost-effectiveness and enhancements to the HRE service quality.
- Assists PM in the implementation of sustainable initiatives throughout the portfolio. Serves as the lead contact for energy conservation / utility monitoring utilizing the University’s various utility monitoring software systems.
- Responsible for coordination of all safety training and emergency evacuation drills with the University’s EH&S department
- Answers the telephone and responds to general inquiries from tenants, service providers, community members, etc.
- Manage all portfolio and building-related special events.
- Expected to be available afterhours or on the weekend for portfolio, HRE, or University related emergencies. The APM is considered essential personnel and must be able to respond if called upon.
This position requires a college degree or other post-secondary-school training, as well as a minimum 7 years of commercial real estate management experience.
Must be able to provide excellent customer service, work effectively with diverse people, handle confidential or sensitive information appropriately, manage multiple tasks and work well under pressure, manage time and tasks effectively without close supervision, enjoy solving problems, and communicate clearly orally and in writing.
. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Building Engines, CCure and ability to learn other business software programs is required.
Harvard experience helpful. RPM certification preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Full Job Source