DIRECTOR, COMMERCIAL SERVICES | Chicago Association of Realtors
Summary: Under the direction of the CEO, researches, plans, organizes, establishes and executes commercial services to promote the initiatives of Commercial REALTORS® and the Chicago Association of REALTORS®. Seeks partnerships with local advocacy groups, commercial REALTORS®, other NAR and non-NAR affiliated real estate associations, real estate professionals, other associations, business groups, commercial property owners, affiliates as well as other local business leaders and real estate practitioners.
I. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: These essential duties and responsibilities are not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with this position. While it is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties or to assign other duties as necessary.
- Facilitate, manage and advocate for CAR’s CommercialForum committee through promoting membership, hosting forums, and staffing regular meetings.
- Monitor industry news, trends, and emerging technologies to produce reports, publications, stories and information for use by CommercialForum, CAR members, and external customers.
- Initiate strategic and tactical planning for increasing CommercialForum subscriptions marketing and profitability.
- Identify, cultivate, and convert relationships with non-REALTOR commercial brokerages and related real estate professionals to members of commercial subscription service.
- Uphold professional relations and identify strategic alliances with commercial organizations and all internal departments.
- Utilizing REALTOR Property Resource ® (RPR) demographics and analytics provide grassroots leadership to local Chambers of Commerce and economic development agencies for the active participation of business and community residents to understand the linkages between business, commercial, and residential sectors.
- Collaborate with the Education department to identify existing curriculum (non-exclusive) and to cultivate course authors (exclusive) to produce viable commercial CE opportunities under RRES.
- Collaborate with Communications and Events department to disseminate commercial news in current CAR distributions and to produce CommercialForum e-newsletter with comprehensive calendar of industry events.
- In conjunction with the Events department, plan and execute CommercialForum events and programs.
- Responsible for full financial management of the Commercial budget, including spending, forecasting, and fiscal accountability.
- Promote commercial services at the ICSC Expo, and other events gaining wide exposure
- Curate comprehensive list of industry resources, directories, and technology tools for inclusion on Commercial Forum website; establish the site as a destination for new as well as seasoned professionals, REALTOR and non-REALTOR.
- Serve as liaison to MRED to advocate for commercial representation. Work with the MRED system.
- Determine commercial sales awards categories for continuous improvement
- Facilitate participation and ongoing communication with advocacy coalition organizations, commercial organizations and fellow local REALTOR Associations to build relationships, improve communication and identity best practices.
- Identify and implement opportunities for non-dues revenue generation and research and apply for grants.
- Address businesses and civic groups regarding economic development activities and commercial research findings of the Association.
- Serves on various internal and external committees as needed. Creates and presents various reports for internal and external purposes.
- Continuously research and identify business opportunities, including but not limited to non-dues revenue programs.
- Create and maintain relationships with membership and the brokerage community.
- Provide direction on research needs as a result of strategic planning and regularly survey members based on needs of department, analyzing data as applicable.
- Ensures annual compliance with the NAR Mandatory Core Standards for Associations of REALTORS® for areas of organizational responsibility
- Other duties as assigned and/or required.
II. Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Public or Business Administration, Political Science, Urban Planning, Economics or related field required. Experience in working with the commercial real estate sector preferred. Minimum of five (5) years’ related experience required. Previous commercial real estate knowledge and/or experience required. Preferred: Knowledge of marketing and general business administration.
Language Ability: Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form. Ability to read and interpret documents such as industry briefings, contracts, letters of agreement and procedures manuals. Ability to write in-depth reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of members or employees of the organization. Ability to think analytically and creatively. Ability to work independently and exercise responsible judgment..
Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages, and analyze them.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with complex problems involving several variables. Ability to think creatively and speak thoughtfully under pressure. Must possess the ability to exercise independent and responsible judgment and handle confidential and sensitive information.
Computer Skills: Proficient and functional knowledge of Microsoft Suite, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access. Strong internet research acumen required.
III.Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
IV. Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to lift 10 pounds without restriction. The vision requirements include: close and far range and depth perception.
Please apply by October 15th.
Full Job Source