Director, Navy Yard Leasing and Business Development | Philadelphia Industrial Development Corporation (PIDC)
PIDC is Philadelphia’s public-private economic development corporation. Our mission is to spur investment, support business growth, and foster developments that create jobs, revitalize neighborhoods, and drive growth to every corner of Philadelphia. We offer flexible financing products, a targeted portfolio of industrial and commercial real estate, and decades of Philadelphia-based knowledge, to help our clients invest, develop, and grow throughout the city of Philadelphia. You can learn more about PIDC and how we are celebrating our 60th year of impact at www.pidcphila.com.
Since acquiring 1,200 acres of land from the federal government at the site of the former Philadelphia Naval Shipyard in 2000, PIDC has been the master developer of the Navy Yard, managing its transition from a closed shipyard to a growing and thriving riverfront neighborhood located along the Delaware River featuring a mix of historic buildings and new high-performance and LEED certified construction oriented around world class open space. Dubbed “America’s Coolest Shipyard” by Politico in 2016, the Navy Yard is now home to more than 165 employers and more than 13,000 people that come to work there every day and there’s enormous capacity for more growth. PIDC’s Navy Yard team is responsible for making the Navy Yard a great place to work, visit, invest and develop and works with a group of partners and stakeholders to guide the property’s overall management and development, including marketing, leasing, social programming, development, planning, transit connections, infrastructure development, utility operations and property management. You can learn more about the Navy Yard, its history, current activity and plans for growth at www.NavyYard.org.
PIDC is seeking a driven and entrepreneurial real estate professional to join our team as Director, Navy Yard Leasing and Business Development. Reporting to PIDC’s Senior Vice President for the Navy Yard, this individual will drive and execute business attraction and development; leasing; and real estate activity relating to PIDC’s portfolio of land, historic buildings, and maritime assets and also support additional business and real estate development opportunities with key partners at the Navy Yard, including Liberty Property Trust, Urban Outfitters and the Navy.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Business Attraction and Development
- Engage directly with prospects, existing tenants, real estate brokers, and economic development partners to generate new contacts and leads, showcase the Navy Yard, and to produce a high quality pipeline of leasing, development, and land sale transactions at the Navy Yard.
- Represent PIDC and the Navy Yard with the real estate professionals, developer, and brokerage communities at relevant networking and educational events, partnerships, and initiatives.
- Lead tours of the Navy Yard and conduct presentations for a variety of prospects, brokers, partners, stakeholders, and other groups.
- Develop and execute strategic business development plans to market PIDC’s real estate portfolio and produce a pipeline of leads.
- Work in partnership with other Navy Yard stakeholders and developers, including Liberty Property Trust, Urban Outfitters, and the City of Philadelphia’s Commerce Department, to develop and implement broad business attraction strategies for the Navy Yard.
- Use data to track leads and evaluate the success of outreach and business development tactics, and adjust strategies accordingly.
- Negotiate and structure term sheets and final leases for PIDC’s portfolio of land, historic buildings, and maritime assets at the Navy Yard; manage recurring lease renewals.
- Maintain knowledge of market trends, best practices and economics related to commercial office and industrial leasing.
Real Estate Activity
- Administer existing real estate development agreements to ensure compliance and progress toward expected milestones. Current agreements include a Master Development Agreement with Liberty Property Trust and Synterra Partners and a Sales and Development Agreement with Ensemble Partners for a second Navy Yard hotel.
- Support Liberty Property Trust’s development work in the areas over which they have development rights, including coordination with permits, approvals and property matters.
- Initiate, plan and structure development opportunities for key PIDC real estate assets.
- Staff periodic solicitations for development opportunities for PIDC’s portfolio. Future solicitations may include a developer solicitation for a residential development partner.
- Staff key property real estate matters, including a future land swap transaction with the Navy.
- Work with internal and external partners to structure public incentives and PIDC financing packages for Navy Yard tenants and development projects.
- Perform financial analyses to support the master planning and development of specific real estate parcels and areas, including financial analyses related to property values, rents, taxes, construction costs, transportation, environmental and historic features, re-uses, and zoning.
- Coordinate monthly Navy Yard Design Review Committee.
Full Job Source