Director of Residences | Confidential
The Director of Residences serves as the face and leader of one of the most high-end and luxurious new apartment buildings in the market, and must represent the epitome of commitment, competence and service. The Director of Residences should be cognizant of all issues, functions and performance occurring at the property. With a focus on continual improvement and an eye for detail, it is expected that this person build, develop and manage a best-in-class team to ensure that the property is exceeding expectations of both residents and the owner.
- Oversee all aspects of the daily operations of the property in accordance with company policies, lease agreements, and applicable laws.
- Responsible for achieving budgeted goals including: Leasing, Renewal, Occupancy, Expenses and NOI.
- Ensure that all reporting and financial statements are accurate and produced in a timely manner.
- Receive, manage, code and submit for approval invoices and expenses relating to the operation of the property.
- Perform inspections with Director of Facilities for purposes of ensuring quality of units made ready and condition of common areas.
- Assure community compliance with Fair Housing requirements and all applicable laws, codes and ordinances.
- Directly supervise Leasing Specialists, Maintenance team, Concierge team and Director of Resident Services.
- Develop consistent and effective ongoing training with the assistance of the Questar Management team to ensure the highest caliber customer service and living experience for residents. The training aligns with Company technology and policies.
- Maintain Company customer service standards, respond clearly and in a timely manner to residents’ needs and complaints and ensure resolution.
- Assist in performing due diligence duties such as lease audits, property inventory and service contract reviews. Maintain and oversee current service contracts and arranges for new or termination of existing contracts as required.
- Prepare and implement property budget. Analyze the monthly financial statement and assist with the preparation of the Variance Report. Produce weekly management reports through YARDI.
- Inspect property on a regular basis and report any repair or replacement needs to the Director of
- Ensure that the property is well maintained in peak condition at all times.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
The Director of Residences is ultimately responsible for the functioning of the property, including the performance of all team members, annual budget preparation and compliance with good safety practices.
- Experience in residential high-rise apartment management and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations required.
- Knowledge of established accounting and bookkeeping practices and procedures including the ability to create budgets and analyze financial statements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
- Must interact effectively with all levels of employees and external contacts.
- Must work well under pressure, exercise good judgment when making decisions and handle stressful situations in a mature, professional manner.
A four-year Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field from an accredited university and five (5) years’
leadership experience in a property management organization is required.
A minimum of five (5) years of property management experience required. Management experience to include: budgeting and expense control; personnel supervision and development; building management, operation and maintenance. Strong working knowledge of customer service principles and practices. Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, leases, regulations or documents with a similar degree of complexity. Strong interpersonal, time management and customer service skills required. Computer skills including: internet, e-mail, (MS Outlook) MS Excel, and MS Word. Knowledge of database and real estate property management applications. Experience and knowledge using YARDI, working in 24/7 hotel and luxury resort properties/overseeing their concierge divisions a plus.
CERTIFICATES and LICENSES:
Residential Management certification preferred. Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) License desirable.
Full Job Source