Manager Capital Asset Accounting and Analyst | Brown University
This individual will serve as the primary point of contact for all University departments regarding the moveable equipment inventory and maintenance of equipment records. This individual will manage the moveable equipment inventory database, reconciliation of the moveable equipment records to Workday and lead the federally-mandated Biennial Equipment Inventory process.
This individual will also assist with the preparation monthly ledger account reconciliations and support gift accountant with periodic gift journal entries. This individual will monitor and analyze monthly fringe benefit transactions charged to fringe cost center for inclusion and accuracy in the annual fringe calculation.
This individual will also create, maintain and run the allocations functionality/tool in Workday as part of the monthly close. The allocations in Workday are critical to the monthly and annual financial statement close.
- Associateâ™s degree with a focus in accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience required plus 3 – 5 yearsâ™ experience in accounting/data analysis and reconciliation, familiarity with property management.
- Exceptional excel skills (i.e. ability to create pivot table, V-look-ups and similar advance excel functions)
- Experience working with inventory systems, maintaining databases, reconciling data, a plus
- Detail oriented, motivated, and organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to apply strict attention to detail
- Work well as an individual and as part of a high-performing team
- This position requires a strong commitment to promoting diversity and inclusion in the Finance Division.
Applicants please note: All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown University.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Manager Capital Asset Accounting and Analyst
Office of the Controller
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Full Job Source