Operations Manager | Sarah’s Circle
Position Title: Operations Manager
Supervised By: Director of Program Operations
Supervises: Cooks, Janitorial Staff, Maintenance Contractors
Status: Full Time
Position Description Updated: October, 2018
The Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing property maintenance functions and all aspects of the food program. Property maintenance includes; janitorial services, exterior maintenance including snow removal, coordination of service vendors, security, and emergency procedures, and equipment purchases and repairs. The Operations Manager will manage the food service program at two locations. Food Services includes supervising the cook, ordering, and certification requirements. Additionally, the operations Manager will coordinate volunteer activities with the Volunteer Coordinator in relations to meal preparation and delivery. The position will also work on the development of new facilities including design, remodeling logistics, and occupancy logistics.
Facilities (approximately 60% of time)
- Insure all facilities are maintained for cleanliness and safety and in compliance with agency standards.
- Oversees security and fire protection system, insures procedures are maintained, and appropriate staff trained.
- Coordinates all maintenance and repairs for facilities with staff, clients and vendors.
- Coordinate building inspections
- Review building designs for new building projects for potential future maintenance logistics
- Preventative maintenance programs for all mechanical, electrical, and plumbing equipment, and fire safety system.
- Facility related problems are investigated and repaired, seeking outside contractors when necessary
- Oversee all building, cleaning and office supplies for quality and lowest cost. Insure compliance with governmental building codes.
- Assistance is provided as required for new building construction and other facility assignments
- Oversee facilities remodeling to meet the current and future needs of programs
- Perform building maintenance and repairs as necessary and appropriate.
Janitorial Services (approximately 15% of time)
- Supervises janitorial staff or contractors
- Review janitorial needs on annual basis
- Insure accuracy of cleaning service invoices
Food Services (approximately 25% of time)
- Providing supervision of the Cooks, ensuring public health codes are maintained
- Places orders for food and kitchen equipment
- Maintains statistics and bills funding sources for the Food Service
- Ensure effective communication and coordination with Volunteer Coordinator around volunteers serving meals
- Agency contact with GCFD and other public food programs
- Represents Sarah’s Circle in professional manner.
- Perform general tasks and other duties assigned by supervisor
Attendance at Required Meetings
- All Staff meetings
- Supervision Meetings (weekly)
Attendance Preferred at Events
- Annual Winter Walk
- Beer fest
Full Job Source