Project Manager – Los Angeles, CA | www.dmassociates.com
REPORTS TO: Principal and Senior Project Manager
Exciting opportunity to be an integral part of two projects located in Los Angeles, CA. The Project Manager is responsible for assisting the Senior Project Manager in overseeing the implementation of the Constellation Park development project a 41 story Luxury Residential development Century City and retail tenant delivery at HALO at Wells Fargo Center in DTLA. The Ideal candidate will thrive on the challenge of working on high profile fast-passed projects. Candidate should possess an interest in variable scale development work with goal towards career advancement within the company.
The Project Manager will be primarily tasked with providing support to the Constellation Park development team members during this 30-month high profile project. The Project Manager will take a leadership role for the Retail Tenant Delivery functions (Tenant Coordination) on HALO. In their function of Retail Tenant Delivery, they will be responsible for overseeing the review and approval of tenant store designs and plans. The Project Manager coordinates all tenant improvement projects, collaborating with other disciplines, to open retail businesses on time with the fewest difficulties. This project will necessitate a person with superior level of design acumen, a highly organized work pattern, a strong attention to detail and a very articulate and professional communication style. At Constellation Park the candidate will be involved in the support of team’s professional construction administrative tasks, QC, contract administration, FFE and other project activities that DMA manages for ownership. Project Manager will be responsible for organizing and coordinating all assigned tasks and procedures to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
The Project Manager will operate in a multidisciplinary environment with other project team members such as development, construction, design & planning, asset management, property management/operations, legal, leasing, information technology, and marketing, working to develop processes and procedures to accomplish successful High Rise and retail tenant delivery for roughly 19 tenants over 26,000 sf mixed-use setting in the Bunker Hill section of LA. Specifically, the Project Manager must assist in the following tasks:
- Establishing yourself and DMA as the primary site – based liaison between the onsite project development, leasing, design and operations team – and – the full roster of retail and food tenants for the HALO project.
- Maintaining clear, timely and appropriate communications amongst the various parties to both facilitate and expedite efficient and successful opening of all the retail tenants per project plan.
- Establishing and maintaining protocols and processes to track Tenant design activities including site visits, design submissions, and construction start dates to maintain the overall schedule for the project. Review tenant’s lease construction exhibits as necessary.
- Work closely with the Owner’s leasing, in-house design and operations teams to provide support and develop the relationships necessary to handle all the tenant’s needs as it relates to planning, budget, design, and construction.
- Work with other team members in construction, design & planning, development, asset management, property management/operations, legal, leasing, information technology and marketing, in developing internal teams, processes and procedures to accomplish retail tenant delivery for all tenant spaces.
- Maintain an ongoing and comprehensive project tenant schedule and web-based Tenant Tracker software.
- All other duties as assigned to secure a successful tenant opening on the appointed Opening Day as designated by the Owner.
- Execute administrative functions as needed, with support from the Chicago office.
- Assist in organizing documents (both electronic and paper files) used in the implementation of the project. Candidate must be highly organized and able to account for and reference all project files and drawings rapidly.
- Organize meetings/Conference Calls; facilitate web conferencing.
- Assist in the upkeep and distribution of regular project status updates and pay applications and the change order process.
- Assist with administrative accounting and bookkeeping assignments, including lien waivers.
- Assembly and preparation of monthly payment application documents / monthly reports that might be required by the Lender.
- Support of DMA activities on the west coast.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Environmental Conditions and Location: Work is performed in a standard field office environment at Constellation Park Project – Century City, Los Angeles, CA and on a construction site
Full Job Source