Property Manager – Senior (Multiple Apartment Communities) | Gorman & Company, Inc.
Gorman & Company is searching for an experienced, Multi-Site Property Manager to join our team, managing two of our amazing apartment communities in Racine, Wisconsin! This is an exciting opportunity with a growing company! Gorman & Company is a Real Estate Development and Property Management firm that strives to initiate strategies and implement solutions to revitalize communities and build strong neighborhoods. Our company culture incorporates FUN, personal accountability, and excellent customer service to achieve results! Come and join our growing company, and make a difference in the lives of others! Visit our website for more information at www.gormanusa.com.
OVERALL DESCRIPTION OF JOB SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for overseeing all facets of property operations to achieve financial goals and ownership objectives. Adhering to all Gorman & Company policies, all applicable laws and ordinances, including Fair Housing and equal employment laws.
As a Property Manager for Gorman & Company, Inc., you will be responsible for representing Gorman & Company in a professional and service-oriented manner. We believe that the customer is our number one priority and you will have the ability to demonstrate this in your everyday dealings with your neighbors, vendors and others in the property community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish and maintain good relations with residents, prospective residents, vendors, and co-workers. Be available for appointments to meet the needs of prospective residents. Oversee the general harmony and community atmosphere among residents. Report any alarming situations or changes in status to Regional Manager.
- Develop monthly marketing plan for property in conjunction with Regional Manager. Establish weekly leasing goals in order to achieve budgeted occupancy levels. Maintain detailed knowledge of market and sub-market through networks established/maintained with significant competitors.
- Recruit, hire, train, evaluate and appropriately discipline all on-site employees based on approved staffing plan by Regional Manager. Conduct employee reviews as instructed by Human Resources and ensure adequate/appropriate staffing.
- Approve and enter on-site employee timesheets, including overtime requests and vacation schedules.
- Maintain and enhance relations with prospects, residents, staff and vendors.
- Prepare and implement annual property operating budget. Report variances from budget. Maintain and control property income in addition to expenses. Complete required reports including weekly, monthly, quarterly leasing, variance and capital reporting.
- Oversee accounts receivable ensuring rents and all other applicable fees are billed and collected. Ensure that collection and demand notices are generated, delivered and/or posted as required by local laws. Initiate and oversee eviction process.
- Endorse, post, and make bank deposits daily.
- Coordinating with the Facilities Manager, the negotiation, development and maintaining of all service and capital improvement contracts per Gorman & Company guidelines.
- Oversee all service and capital contracts for timeliness and workmanship. Maintain required certificates of insurance.
- Oversee/complete computerized accounting functions for accuracy and timeliness.
- Review and code property invoices for submission to corporate Accounts Payable.
- Perform regular property inspections for cleanliness, curb appeal, and to ensure property is free of hazards.
- Oversee the process of “turning over a unit” to make available for next renter by conducting a pre-move-in inspection. Conduct move-out inspections and assess charges, if appropriate.
- Develop and maintain preventative maintenance schedules.
- Adhere to established policies related to fair housing.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, residents, vendors, and all outside contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Maintain confidentiality of co-workers, management, owners, past and current residents, vendors, and all outside contacts.
- Oversee all outside contractors and vendors performing service to your complex.
MARKETING AND LEASING DUTIES:
- Assume responsibility for achieving consistent 100% occupancy/lease up at assigned property.
- Prepares or oversees preparation of advertising and marketing.
- Prepares regular market surveys.
- Open houses: Depending on prospect activity and occupancy status, and with the direction and assistance from the Regional Manager, coordinate and facilitate open house events.
- Showings: Conduct showings for interested prospects.
- Application interviews: Following Gorman & Company’s rental policies and procedures, conduct private, confidential interviews.
- Lease signings: Conduct lease signings in accordance with Gorman & Company’s rental policies and procedures.
- Move-in orientation: Conduct an apartment and building orientation with each new resident prior to move-in.
- Move-in supervision: Explain move-in procedures to each new resident.
- Refer to all leasing policies and procedures in your best practice manual.
MAINTAINING THE PHYSICAL ASSET AND OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee on-site maintenance staff; delegate work orders and assist in prioritizing schedule. Supervises prompt scheduling of maintenance work. Makes regular follow-up inspections on maintenance work performed.
- Evaluates maintenance operations periodically to determine cost efficiency.
- Makes recommendations for physical repairs, replacements and/or improvements.
- Makes recommendations for supplies, materials and equipment.
- Recommends expenditures, within budget allocations.
- Plan, organize, promote, and implement resident functions (if applicable to property) in conjunction with the management staff.
- Perform general office duties: answer the telephone; write service/work requests, newsletters, file, monitor and order office supplies and printed materials, etc.
- Assist in physical plant upkeep.
- Manage petty cash as outlined in policy manual.
- Perform all reasonable duties as assigned by Regional Manager.
Full Job Source