Real Estate Appraiser Manager (Administrative Manager II) | County of Orange
COUNTY EXECUTIVE OFFICE (CEO) REAL ESTATE
The CEO Real Estate department has an exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic and innovative group of real estate professionals providing real estate analysis and counsel, land development services, leasing and purchase representation, and lease management services to County departments and agencies. CEO Real Estate is comprised of the Transactions and Special Projects, Lease Administration, Infrastructure, and the Land Development Team and is directed by the Chief Real Estate Officer.
This position will report directly to the Chief Real Estate Officer and is responsible for coordinating, directing, and/or performing appraisal services regarding real property and real property interests for the purposes of acquisition, leasing, sale, and disposal on behalf of the County. This position will provide professional level valuation services for complex and diverse assignments where experienced judgment is necessary to analyze and develop supported value opinions for unique and difficult appraisal problems. This position has responsibility regarding appraisal work related to market value, market rental value, and analytical studies associated with the County’s real property acquisition, property management, leasing, and land development programs. Ensures that real property appraisals performed by outside contractors on behalf of the County are in compliance with the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) and where necessary the Federal Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisitions Policies Act (Uniform Act) via proper administration, monitoring and review services. The incumbent will be responsible for performing and/or administering valuations of real property for the purposes of direct purchase, acquisitions under eminent domain, lease, sale and disposal of real property rights by the County of Orange. The successful candidate will:
- Perform and/or administer (via consultant contract) appraisals of market value and market rent for a wide variety of real estate including all forms of vacant land as well as improved commercial, industrial, office, mixed-use, residential, marina, and public institutional properties for the purpose of acquisition, sale, lease, or disposal.
- Perform and/or administer right-of-way appraisals of full-take and partial acquisitions of real property interests from highly specialized and complex properties for public projects under threat of eminent domain. Ensure the use of proper appraisal methodology per USPAP, the Uniform Act, State regulations and guidelines and case law in determining severance and cost-to-cure damages associated with a partial taking of fee and/or easement interests.
- Administer, review, analyze, and interpret appraisals of improved high-value office, industrial, residential, mixed and special-use properties for purchase, sale or lease for County purposes. Investigate, research, analyze, and estimate market rents, expenses, capitalization and discount rates for the purposes of comparing possible valuation scenarios related to short and long term leases, potential sale/leaseback arrangements, etc. via direct and yield capitalization techniques, i.e. discounted cash flow analysis.
- Implement market rent analysis and cost approach methodology including the evaluation of building replacement costs and depreciation to determine the value of the public use properties for bond financing purposes.
- Provide valuation expertise and analysis of the current and prospective value and rent of various County real estate assets under consideration for sale or long-term ground lease arrangements.
- Establish and implement policies and procedures for the appraisal function with emphasis on expediting assignments and meeting workload changes.
- Act as an appraisal liaison between the County and other public and private entities. Work with appraisers hired by others (cities, federal and state government agencies, developers, etc.) in order to solve valuation problems.
- Serve as lead coordinator including defining, planning, monitoring, and evaluating appraisal work and analysis for large and/or complex assignments involving multiple personnel from the County, other public agencies, and private consultant firms.
Provide expert witness testimony in Superior Court on real estate valuation matters involving the County including eminent domain proceedings.
Full Job Source