Regional Project Manager – Executive Director, Property Management – Hong Kong | Morgan Stanley
Overview of Role
Responsible for delivering property projects arising in Hong Kong and in other regional office
locations. While the role is focused on the oversight and successful delivery of projects within the Asia region, input into a number of global initiatives, including creating, refining and updating project management processes and procedures for wider use within Morgan Stanley, also falls within the remit of the position.
Liaison and co-ordination with the other functional teams within the Real Estate & Location Strategy and Portfolio Transaction Management group within the Corporate Services department will be necessary to fulfil the requirements of the position. Project management falls under the function of Asia Property Management, which also includes Amenities, Engineering and Property Operations
Travel across the Region may be required from time-to-time to support project and related requirements.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
· Maintain Asia-specific set of project standards based on Morgan Stanley’s global standards encompassing documentation and approvals, procurement, change control, progress reporting and close out.
· Oversee the development of client briefs into full project specifications in conjunction with the Workplace design, Transaction Management, Property Management and other Corporate Services areas as appropriate.
· Manage project management vendors to ensure project processes are followed – from feasibility, scheme design and detailed design through to construction and handover to Property Operations.
· Ensure that appropriate documentation is created and financial approvals, including design and feasibility stage consultancy funding and MER approvals, take place at strategic times during each project while delivering full audit capability for all aspects of the project management process.
· Oversee the processes whereby landlord approvals, applicable licences, fire certificates and other statutory consents are obtained.
· In conjunction with the Procurement Department ensure that consultants and trade contractors are appointed in accordance with the established selection and purchasing procedures.
· Monitor the construction phase to ensure that change control processes are applied and that project costs and timelines are within the parameters established. Take appropriate remedial action as required.
· Provide team direction during and after project handover with regard to defects, as-built drawings and other project documentation, warranties, financial close outs and final reporting.
· Conduct client feedback meetings, noting any concerns raised and addressing them as appropriate.
· Manage the provision of day-to-day moves and changes through internal resources and appointed vendors in accordance with local procedures.
· Communicate with CS Management on the status of the project portfolio and day-to-day work flow, and ensure that issues arising are escalated on a timely basis. Identify and evaluate risks, prepare and update mitigation plans.
· Liaise with the regional Project Management team, provide inputs to global initiatives including the benchmarking of projects, term contracting and project process.
· Manage the training and development of directly employed staff. Encourage key managers to realise their full potential and eliminate any key man dependency issues.
· Foster a positive team environment encompassing all job categories and functions within the Firm.
– Education to degree standard in building services related industry – architecture or interior design. An engineering or quantity surveying degree would also be considered
– 15 -20 years’ experience as Project Manager in corporate fit-outs/ critical spaces; MBA holders an added advantage.
– Membership of a professional association with a recognized professional qualification.
– Financial Services sector experience would be advantageous. Experience of delivering projects across the Asia Pacific Region is essential.
– Able to demonstrate a track record in preparing project briefs, project reports, financial and progress tracking and reporting.
– Able to investigate, analyse, synthesise and apply complex information, problems, concepts and theories to a project management body of knowledge or practice
– Demonstrate technical, communication and research skills to interpret and develop feasibilities,
methodologies, conclusions and decisions to specialist and non-specialist stakeholders
– Demonstrate leadership skills of working with teams from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds in both virtual and real-time spaces
– The ability to listen to clients and the project team, and make decisions in line with the Firm’s overall strategic direction.
– Experience of procuring external consultants, contractors, suppliers and managing and co-ordinating their input in the delivery of projects.
– Communicate professionally and effectively in a range of modes to various audiences to achieve targeted outcomes.
– Commercial knowledge of consultancy and construction contracts and their execution.
– Working knowledge of processes, tools and techniques for the successful delivery of projects.
– Good computer skills in Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, Word. Additionally a working knowledge of a project management timeline software tool such MS Project, or similar is required.
– An organised and self disciplined individual with respect to time management and work processes.
Full Job Source