Senior Property Manager | Latin United Community Housing Association
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent; College degree preferred.
- Position requires a minimum of 2 years as a Leasing Consultant, Property Manager, and/or Assistant Property Manager; will consider supervisory experience in a customer service related business with appropriate certification(s).
- A minimum of 2 years of successful experience in the area of low-income housing tax credit and affordable rental property management.
- Tax Credit Professional designation and/or Blended Occupancy Specialist designation required (if not held, will be required within 120 days of hire).
- Computer literate, specifically MS Word, Excel and Outlook for Windows; YARDI or Real Page experience a plus.
- Ability to work well with others and manage/motivate staff.
- Strong problem solving and quantitative skills.
- Ability to work with people from diverse social, cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Available for after-hours emergencies
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Conscientious and detail oriented.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to represent the Company in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Must demonstrate integrity and commitment to the organization’s mission and values.
- Must have transportation and a valid Driver’s License.
*As a good condition of employment, you must keep active and in good standing at all times an Illinois Leasing Agent license or Real Estate Broker’s License, and you must renew the license in a timely manner. If you are not licensed at the time of hire, you must immediately apply for a 120-day Leasing Agent Permit. You will have (90) calendar days from your start day with the company (your first day at work) to obtain your Leasing Agent License. If you are licensed at the time of hire you must immediately apply for a 45 sponsor card and designate LUCHA as your Sponsoring Broker. Failure to obtain and/or maintain your Leasing Agent License or Broker’s License or to transfer your existing license to LUCHA will result in disciplinary action, up to, and including, termination of employment.
Scope of Responsibility:
Lead in all aspects of the administrative, financial, compliance and operations of LUCHA’s properties. Assist with capital planning for developments. Significant impact on the Property Management Department. Regularly interacts with LUCHA team.
There is frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, lift heavy objects (up to 10 pounds) and perform other similar actions during the course of the workday. Accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities who otherwise meet the position qualifications and requirements.
Life and disability, health and dental insurance, 401 (k), paid vacation and holidays.
LUCHA is 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation and an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about LUCHA, please visit www.lucha.org.
Full Job Source