Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer | Enterprise Homes
Company: Enterprise Homes
Location: Baltimore & Silver Spring, MD****
The CFO will serve as a senior-level strategist to optimize Enterprise’s mission, strategic direction and business outcomes with data-driven analysis and financial expertise. This role must bring a combination of financial knowledge, people skills and creativity to solve challenges facing the organization and to pursue opportunities for growth. This position also serves in a fiduciary role by ensuring that financial controls are designed and operated in a manner that safeguards the assets of Enterprise and the investment funds/partnerships it manages. The CFO must also be able to communicate clearly and concisely the financial outcomes of operating activities, provide information and trending that informs decision-making and assist executive management in applying the information to future business strategies.
The successful candidate will have strong and diverse accounting, treasury, and finance experience and will be able to manage Enterprise’s financial systems, processes and controls. The CFO will work closely with key external constituencies, including banks, financial advisors, and other financial institutions. Ideally, the CFO will derive personal and professional satisfaction from helping to advance Enterprise’s mission, and will view the CFO role as a unique and fulfilling career achievement. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Serve as a finance leader and partner, playing an important role in enhancing the organization’s financial and operational performance.
- Provide adequate, accurate and timely data and analysis to support strategic decision-making. This includes providing advice and information that helps business lines and other operating departments operate as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Provide leadership and support to all financial and operational functions, including effectively guiding, supporting and monitoring all financial transactions, and providing advice on business formation and structures.
- Support the planning, analysis and efficient execution of business opportunities that promote growth of the organization.
- Assist in evaluating strategic and operational opportunities and risks and in developing and executing on a strategic plan for the organization.
- Be a partner with the Information Technology team to digitally transform the organization’s work processes and to create solid, efficient, and cost-effective
- operating platforms.
- Support and direct the integration of the financial systems of EHI and CPDC to ensure the financial and strategic success of their merger.
- Work with Enterprise’s Treasury group to maximize the organization’s cash position.This also includes managing relationships with banks and other financial
- institutions, with a focus on maximizing efficiencies and cost effectiveness.
- Assist in the ongoing management and analysis of the organization’s portfolio of activities to properly balance mission and money-related investments.
- Effectively manage cash, cash projections, and opportunities to recapitalize properties in the EHI portfolio.
- Assist in developing and executing financing strategies for the organization and specific transactions.
Financial and Operational Management
- Oversee the audit process for the development and property management organizations. Maintain internal control safeguards.
- Provide real estate development financing expertise and oversight. Establish and reinforce parameters for financing, guarantees, and letters of credit, reserves and other construction and/or lease-up obligations to ensure continuity and controls are adhered to and achieved.
- Review closing documents to ensure that fee agreements, settlement statements, and other related documents are prepared correctly. Act as a resource to development managers to ensure that terms, cash collection and release of reserves and guarantees are as favorable to Enterprise as possible.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization through systems that will improve the organization’s overall
operation and effectiveness.
- Ensure an environment of unquestionable integrity and internal financial controls.
- Evaluate, strengthen, and manage prudent financial best practices for the development, asset management and property management teams.
- Oversee the budgeting process and monitor financial performance by measuring and analyzing financial and operational results and initiating required corrective actions. Periodically re-forecast the company’s financial results. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and annual IRS filings.
- Manage the financial and tax reporting responsibilities as well as the financial fiduciary oversight of investment funds and partnerships to provide timely and relevant information to investment partners (currently includes over 70 audits and tax returns).
- Manage and oversee all financial systems and databases, ensuring accurate and high-quality data.
- Supervise, motivate, develop and enhance the performance of the accounting and finance team.
- Take a leading role in industry meetings and conferences.
Full Job Source