Employer: Weidner Apartment Homes: 7west
Real Estate Property Management Intern // Professor: Prassas, Frederick
Term of Work Experience (May 17th 2021 – August 9th 2021)
Date of Report: 07/16/2021
- My job and duties as a summer intern leasing consultant is to lease apartments, tend to resident needs, and keep the property in good shape. We are dynamic team of professionals dedicated to providing quality apartment home living. We also distinguish ourselves as the apartment industry leader of each of our markets.
- I am not experiencing a relevant or challenging use of my abilities during this internship. Everything is pretty self-explanatory and my team does a great job going over the steps and procedures to everything needed when working alone. I have been given some really important responsibilities over the past few weeks that made me a bit nervous but nothing that I couldn’t handle. Some of these responsibilities were working by myself in the office an entire day and being able to do a lease from start to finish independently.
- The process being made in reaching my goals is having confidence and responsibility of doing my job. The most effective way to teach someone is on the job work empierces. I learned the most when I worked alone and had opportunity to figure things out on my own. This gave me more insight on the property management industry and really boosted my confidence doing my job the right way. I have learned from my mistakes and have been able to provide myself with more hands on work empierce within the property management industry.
- My experiences has helped me gain a better understanding of what I really want to do after college. This Internship really gave me a better insight on the property management industry and where I can use the knowledge I gained here for future career opportunities.
- I am very satisficed with my on-site job supervisor here at 7west. Andrew my community director has done a great job connecting with me on specific learning opportunities within the property management industry. I could not ask for a better team of people to work with as they are doing a fantastic job teaching me everything they know and growing my interest in the property management industry.
- Everything so far has been great, I do not need any additional help.